GATE PETROLEUM IS THE PRESENTING SPONSOR FOR BOTH OUR JACKSONVILLE (MAY 5TH) AND TAMPA (MAY 6TH) JOB FAIRS!
PLEASE SEE SOME OF THE POSITIONS THEY ARE RECRUITING BELOW - AND APPLY FOR THEM AT THE UPCOMING EVENTS!
MAKE SURE TO COME MEET US IN PERSON AND GET TO KNOW GATE!
STORE ASSISTANT MANAGER
GATE Petroleum / Wesley Chapel, FL
Full-time / No degree mentioned
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for assisting the Store Manager with managing the convenience store and gasoline operation.
• Handles payment of certain direct store delivery accounts by issuing money orders
• Performs additional duties that may be required by supervisor or the company as a result of the location, nature or size of the store or other circumstances Requirements KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be able to perform all tasks and functions of a Sales Associate and Team Leader
• Must be able to work a minimum 40 hours per week and work other shifts other than those of the Store Manager after completion of training
• Must possess basic reading and comprehension, writing as well as math skills, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
• Must have Food Safety Certification or be able to take course and pass exam
• Must be of legal age to sell alcohol and tobacco products
• Must be able to operate a personal computer
• Must have a valid driver’s license and transportation
• Must have a successful completion of a drug test and criminal background check
SUPERVISION OF PERSONNEL:
Sales Associates and Team Leaders
Many Job Benefits Offered!
Physical Demands / Activities: Walking/Standing – 95% - Sitting – 5%. Bending, kneeling, reaching and stooping are required to perform the tasks of this position. Adequate strength, balance and coordination are required. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Working on computer screen and checking customers’ identification.
Mental Demands: Problem solve, analyze, and interpret and meet deadlines. Environment: Climate controlled store / outside work / walk-in coolers with exposure to excessive cold.
GATE Petroleum / Jacksonville, FL (+1 other)
No degree mentioned
Looking for a high-energy, fast-paced work environment? Enjoy interacting with customers? Looking for flexible part-time and full-time work schedules? Want to join a company with opportunities for growth? If yes, then we want you to be part of the GATE family.
GATE is looking for friendly, hardworking individuals to continue its nearly 60-year tradition of quality customer service at stores in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina.
Sales Associate responsibilities include:
• Ensuring a friendly and efficient check out experience for customers by operation of cash register and other retail equipment
• Performing store merchandising, stocking and signage placement
• Maintaining a clean and safe environment within the store and at the pumps
• Stocking coolers and shelves with the latest products
GATE offers competitive benefits:
• Medical Insurance • Dental Insurance • Vision Insurance • Telehealth • Flexible Spending Account • Short-Term Disability • Long-Term Disability • 3 AFLAC Choices • Life Insurance • 401(k) Retirement • Paid Vacation • Quarterly Bonuses • Employee Referral Bonus • EAP Program • Tuition Reimbursement Program
• Be a minimum of 18 years old (to support the sale of alcohol and tobacco products), and 16 years old for food service positions • Listen attentively and communicate clearly • Be honest, energetic, enthusiastic and exhibit a positive attitude • Successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and background investigation • Reading, writing and math skills • Lift 50 pounds
Some other Job Titles GATE recruits for include:
Store Cashier - multiple locations
Store Assistant Manager - multiple locations
Store Food Service - multiple locations
Sales Associate- multiple locations
Car Wash Associate - multiple locations
Jacksonville, FL (+1 other)